Ontario is known for its beautiful winter landscapes and great ice fishing opportunities. Here are some of the best locations in Ontario to go ice fishing:
- Lake Simcoe: Located just north of Toronto, Lake Simcoe is known for its trophy-sized lake trout, whitefish, and yellow perch.
- Lake Nipissing: This lake is known for its abundance of walleye, perch, and pike. It’s located in northeastern Ontario and has numerous outfitters and fishing lodges.
- Lake of the Woods: This large lake on the border of Ontario and Manitoba is known for its abundance of walleye, northern pike, and lake trout.
- Lake Temagami: Located in northeastern Ontario, Lake Temagami is a popular destination for ice fishing enthusiasts looking to catch lake trout, walleye, and whitefish.
- Eagle Lake: Located in northwestern Ontario, Eagle Lake is known for its trophy-sized walleye and northern pike.
- Sturgeon Lake: This lake is located in the Kawartha Lakes region of Ontario and is known for its walleye, perch, and crappie.
- Lake Kashwakamak: This small lake is located in southeastern Ontario and is known for its large population of walleye and northern pike.
These are just a few of the many great locations to go ice fishing in Ontario. It’s important to do your research and check ice conditions before heading out on the ice, and to follow all safety precautions to ensure a successful and enjoyable fishing trip.